Friday, June 4, 2010

We Interrupt this Program ...

Forgive the lack of links, theoretical discourse, or new innovations or ideas in this post, but this is worth noting.

Today I posted my finals assignment on the blogs I set up for my courses; I created my sub plans in Google Docs and shared them two different ways with my sub and my department head; I created a map to our destination in Google Maps and shared that with the people who are diving there as well; I updated grades in PowerSchool; I helped a colleague edit a photo in Picasa. Now I am posting on this blog. All done on Web 2.0 applications. (OK, technically Picasa is a download, but it utilizes its Web 2.0 access liberally. It's like Web 2.0.)

I won't stand on the hood of my car, extend my arms and cry "I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD," but I'm feeling pretty Web 2.0 right now.

Well, heck, since it's Friday, here's a hint to what my next post will be about. I promise that one will have links, reflections and anything else that is for the good of our cause. For now, enjoy the weekend!

Image: http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/walter-cronkite.jpg
Film clip: A League of Their Own. Dir. Penny Marshall. Perf. Tom Hanks, Rosie O'Donnel, Bitty Schram. 1992. Columbia Pcitures. Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48brs4QRjY





4 comments:

  1. You simply MUST keep blogging even after our class dismisses for the Summer. Every day I specifically check to see if you have something new posted...you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Web 2.0 successes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear of your successes in Web 2.0.

    Yes, there might be some crying in Baseball if your name happens to be Armando Galarraga and a stupid umpire has snatched a perfect game from your grasp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxZkL_O1Ac

    But the Corvette consolation prize couldn't hurt.
    http://tinyurl.com/238b78h

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Yay for Blammers! And that clip is one of the greatest of all time :)

    ReplyDelete