Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In-Tuh-Gray-Shun! Hallelujah!


So how do you end a semester of Selection and Integration of Instructional Technologies? With two things:

The final project, which you can find here, and a song ... sort of...

(With apologies to lyricist Lynn Ahrens, performer Essra Mohawk, and all of the creative geniuses behind this gem from Schoolhouse Rock. And special thanks to former student and musician Andrew C. for his talents.)

This almost feels blasphemous. Almost. (And "almost" has yet to stop me.)

UPDATE: Due to a recent request, you have two options. Choose wisely ...

Option #1: "I'm going to play it safe, I've just eaten, and I don't want to risk hysterical blindness." Click play for the instrumental


Option #2: "I have an empty stomach, I regularly throw caution to the wind, and I'll gamble that hysterical blindness is a temporary condition at best." Click here for the "vocal" version (and may God have mercy on your soul ...)


When Reginald was home with the flu, uh-huh-huh,
The teacher knew just what to do-hoo.
She made the connection
In the online direction
Which meant Reginald was getting that 
Integration!

Hey! That's smart!
Sweet! How cool!
Yow! That's really clever providing me with an assistive technology!

Integration (Hey!) It's exciting (Sweet!) What a notion (Yow!)
It's usually set apart from a lesson that's missing Universal Learning Design,
It adds some karma to a unit that's not so strong.

So Geraldine thought she was all set, uh-huh-huh
She figured she was the teacher's pe-het
Assignments done to perfection,
With a podcast reflection -
But Geraldine was receiving some 
Integration!

Well! I never thought I could learn so much!
Oh! I've never been so impressed in all my life!
Hey! I love that I can do more than just write my responses!

Integration (Well!) It's exciting (Oh!) What a notion (Hey!).
It's usually set apart from a lesson that's minus that thing called Gee-Ar-Ar,
It adds some karma to a unit that's not so strong.

It makes kids happy (Hurray!) Not sad (Aw!)
Enlightened (Whee!) Not mad (Rats!)
Delighted, (Wow!) And glad (Hey!)
The integration starts the day's plan right.

A research paper was assigned to them all, uh-huh-huh,
And Franklin? He was on the ba-hall.
He made a citation
For his researched quotation;
He's a cyber citizen because of
Integration!

Wow! I cited this the right way!
Cha-ching! I know how to play this game!
Bazinga! I'm respecting intellectual property!

Integration (Wow!) It's exciting (Cha-ching!) What a notion (Bazinga!).
It's usually set apart from a lesson that ignores teaching cyber citizenry ,
It adds some karma to a unit that's not so strong.

It makes kids happy (Hurray!) Not sad (Aw!)
Enlightened (Whee!) Not mad (Rats!)
Delighted, (Wow!) And glad (Hey!)
The integration starts the day's plan right.

Integration (Hey!) It's exciting (Wow!) What a notion (Cool!).
It's usually set apart from a lesson that's missing a whole heckuvalot,
It adds some karma to a unit that's not so strong.


Integration! It's exciting! What a notion!
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah... YEA!

Darn! That's the end!

For you purists out there, here's the real deal (with a bit of assistive technology tossed in there).

5 comments:

  1. Love your song. Got the podcast running.

    I was hoping that you would be singing along with it because I got lost. Was that you playing the piano? What a talented man.

    Yes, we need to get folks together to sing while you play or visa versa.

    It's all about integration.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU DID IT!!!!!

    I am SOOO impressed with the signing addition that you created. Were all of those voices you? If so, did you just lay one track over another to give you an accompanying set of voices?

    Well done.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome! You're very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing!!! I listened more than once AND sang along because it is SO AWESOME! This one was always one of my favorite Schoolhouse Rock songs (...that's not fair givin' a fella' a shot down there!"), and you have nailed it! Can you re-do "Mr. Morton was the subject of the sentence...and what the predicate says, he does." You ARE da bomb!

    ReplyDelete